Friday, May 14, 2010

Grapes of Wrath timeline?

I need to make a timeline of 15 major events that happen in Grapes of Wrath. I have all of the events, but I don't know the times. People told me to use Rose of Sharon's pregnancy, but I still can't figure it out. Can somebody give me a rough estimate of 15 major events with the times?

Grapes of Wrath timeline?
I think I'm confused - you have 15 events from the book, but you don't know what order they happen in, or you need to find 15 events?





If you need to find events: what constitutes a 'major event'? Does it have to be something that happened to the Joads, or can it be from the intercalary chapters? Do the events all have to be related to a particular end goal?
Reply:Hmm, I did not finish to read the whole book, but let's try to work it out (maybe the chronological order is altered):





1. Tom Joad's Parole


2. Migration to California


3. Wilson's meeting


4. John's escape


5. Jim Casy's emprisonment


6. Connie's escape


7. Grampa's death


8. Gramma's death


9. Hooverville attack


10. Weedpatch camp camping


11. Prevention of a revolt at Weedpatch camp on a saturday night ball





Hope it helps a bit :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment