Monday, November 16, 2009

I live in southern Michigan and my Rose of Sharon and hedge are budding. Can I prune/trim them now?

http://advancedtree.com/tree_althea.htm





it says 'very early spring'... is that where you consider your weather now?.... as long as you're not expecting a deep freeze after today, I'd say go for it.....





hedge?.. what kind?.... trimming encourages new growth and if you're going to get frosted again, it could kill the new growth... better to wait on the hedge.....

I live in southern Michigan and my Rose of Sharon and hedge are budding. Can I prune/trim them now?
You can but your going to cut off the blooms if you do.......the best time to cut back any flowering shrub is immediately after they bloom......before next years blooms are set.

flower deliveries

No comments:

Post a Comment