Monday, November 16, 2009

I have seeds for a Rose Of Sharon bush, how do I plant them?

TAKE A HEAVY PLASTIC 1/2 GALLON DRINK BOTTLE, CUT THE BOTTOM OUT OF IT---FIX SOME POTTING SOIL IN A SHADY SPOT, PUT THE SEEDS ON TOP OF THE SOIL--SCREW THE PLASTIC BOTTLE OVER THE SEEDS (THE BOTTOM IS OUT) THEN REMOVE THE CAP ON THE BOTTLE AND ADD SOME WATER. PUT THE CAP BACK ON THE BOTTLE. WATCH YOUR SEEDS START TO GROW, ONCE THEY ARE MAKING LEAVES AND GETTING TALLER, PLANT WHERE YOU WANT THEM AND REMEMBER TO WATER.

I have seeds for a Rose Of Sharon bush, how do I plant them?
Heads up! Do not plant this one near any house foundation, sewer lines, or sidewalks. The Rose of Sharon roots will clog or destroy just about anything I've ever seen.


Before you plant this, be aware that they are much like a weed and continue to grow everywhere. You'll need to watch for new plants springing up and keep them under control. I have a bunch of them, and I fight with them constantly. Wish I'd never seen them!


No comments:

Post a Comment