Monday, November 16, 2009

How and when can I create a new rose of sharon tree by using an offcut of a healthy plant?

Rose of Sharon can get out of hand because wherever the flowers fall the seeds fall out and take root, which is why some people don't like them, they can overpower the yard. So with this in mind, I don't think it will be hard to plant one from an existing tree or bush. Take a few flowers and open them and removed the seeds. Plant the seeds where you want the tree to bloom. I think that is all you need to do to make a Rose of Sharon take root. I would use a soil builder mixed in the hole with your soil to make the soil better. Rose of Sharon is one of my favorite flowers, so in my opinion, you've made a great choice. Good luck.

How and when can I create a new rose of sharon tree by using an offcut of a healthy plant?
Here's a great article for you with all the info you should need.





Good luck-
Reply:Take cuttings 6-8" long. Strip off bottom 2/3 leaves, place in clear container of water in a sunny location. You'll see roots in 2-3 weeks. Transplant to pots or in the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment